Should I be a stay home parent or work outside home?
The decision to become a stay home mom was not a one-day decision for me.
It was an idea that grew with me as a result of my childhood experience of being raised by busy and overwhelmed parents. They constantly struggled with having to split their time between their business and us.
I decided that when I grew up I would be available to the ones I care about most – my children and husband
Today, I have been stay home mum for the last 10 years and I still love it
Here are my reasons:
- My children are below 15 years of age. They are very young and still need a lot of parental support and guidance. I chose to have them.
- My children are therefore my responsibility. I want to have to minimize regrets in the future.
- This is the best time and only time I have. I have no control over the time in the future
- No amount of success in the market place or ministry can replace failure at home.
- I don’t need anyone’s approval to determine how much time I spend with my children.
- No more traffic and hustle that comes with the daily commute to work.
- I am able to home school my children effectively.
- Home is much easier and less stressful when one parent is present to manage home and family affairs than when all are gone, return late and are tired.
- Its my own decision, I don’t regret it.
- I studied Marriage and Family and this a good platform to put to practice what I studied beginning with my very own.
- I have my own goals for my family. I want to raise godly children and this is not a goal any one shares and its not goal you achieve through wishful thinking.Presence and action are key.
Are you a stay home mother ? Do you like it? What are you highlights ?